- 3THN2, LLC is a USA based limited liability company (“3THN2”). This policy sets out how we handle personal information and applies across all of 3THN2’s businesses, including our website and live course offerings.
What type of personal information do we collect?
- We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Site. The most common types of information we collect are things like: user names, member names, email addresses, other contact details, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries, forum comments and web analytics data. We may also collect personal information from personal background check services or other similar services and this information may be used to assess an applicant's suitability for attending our live, in-person training events. Information or an opinion is your "personal information" if it is about you as an identified or identifiable individual.
How we collect personal information
- We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
- When you provide personal information to us via the Site you're consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the user terms of the Site. You are likely to provide personal information when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and you may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available through our Site.
Personal information we collect about you from others
- Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect information about you from other people (such as the payment provider account details required to process a transaction) by using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other web analytics software or services. We may also obtain personal information through background checks, or other similar reporting methods, however, you will be notified prior to our obtaining a background check or similar report and you will have the opportunity to opt out of our obtaining such information. Please note that if you opt out of our obtaining background check, or other similar reporting, you may not be eligible for continued access to this Site or other business offerings provided by 3THN2, determination to be made in our sole discretion.
How do we use personal information?
- We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the Site and provide you with services described on the Site, like to verify your identity when you sign in to any of our Site, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Site, to respond to support tickets and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes
- customize our services and website, like advertising that may appear on the Site, in order to provide a more personalized experience
- update you with operational news and information about our Site and services like to notify you about changes to our Site or other business offerings
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide
- monitor activity on the Site, like to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site
- manage our relationship with you, like by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- manage our legal and operational affairs
- train 3THN2 staff about how to best serve our community
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
When may we disclose your personal information?
- We may disclose personal information to people like:
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information (as set out above)
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- other people where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How can you access your personal information?
- You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also close the account you have with us for our Site at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Choices regarding control of your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services offered by us. You can 'opt-out' of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
- If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
- If we send e-mails with commercial content, we will generally include an "unsubscribe" facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Site you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
- Cookies are used to enhance your use of the Sites, such as remembering that you are logged in. You are able to minimize or block cookies using the privacy settings in your internet browser, but this may restrict your use of the Site. For general information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- When you visit our Site, there's certain information that's recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your true identity. The term for this is 'web analytics information', and we only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you. If you're logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We're talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of file you look at
- the website which referred you to our Site
- the operating system which your computer uses
Information about children
- Our Site is not suitable for children. If you are below the age of 18, you may use our website only with the permission and active involvement of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a minor, please do not provide us or other website visitors with any personal information. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children's use of our Site.
Information you make public or give to others
When we need to update this policy
- We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective immediately. We'll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Site – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
How can you contact us?
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us in writing at PO Box 2010, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29465, USA or [email protected].
- If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with US privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to us. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter.